Thursday, February 17, 2011

Bad Hair Day

This morning I went to get Avril from her crib and had to grab my phone to take a pic.  You can see why:

Avril has given new meaning to the term 'Bad hair day'
...and yet she's still cute as a button and happy as a clam!  She's oblivious :)
Speaking of our cute girl... I have to write some of the funny things she's been saying because I don't want to forget.
First of all, Avril loves to sing.  She knows all the words to several songs, but lately her favorites are Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Ring Around the Rosies, and Rock-A-Bye Baby.  Here are her lyrics for the latter two:
Ring a round the rosies, pocket full of posies, pockets, pockets, we all fall down!
Who wants to sing about ashes, anyway?

Rock-a-bye baby, in the Tree-Tock, when the wind blows the cradle will rock... etc.
Come to think of it, Avril's version of Rock-A-Bye Baby actually rhymes better than the original.  What a genius child we have!

So Jesse and I were laughing at something cute Avril did (I don't recall what exactly, there are just too many to keep track of)... and Avril gets this big grin on her face and says, "Avril made a funny!!"  This of course, made Jesse and I laugh even harder.  Then she gave us another huge smile, and says matter of factly, "Mama's so proud!"

Avril also attempts to conjugate verbs already.  The result is not always gramatically corrrect, but certainly is hysterically funny.  For example, Avril once again made us laugh, and shouted out, "I made a laughed!"

Another one of my favorite Avril quotes:  "Hey, what's going off?"  Haha, Avril substitutes the word "off" for the word "on."  Love it!  Doesn't get any cuter :)

0 comments: