Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Home Decor Galore!

I won!  I won!  I couldn't wait to get my hands on that $25 gift certificate to Sugar 'N' Spice.  Guess it paid off, getting in to the Halloween spirit and becoming a glamorous witch.  Avril and I had no problem spending that $25.  I circled around the store, trying to decide what to spend my prize money on and there were just too many cute things to decide.  In the end, I decided to go with Halloween decorations for next year, because the 75% off was just too good to pass up.  Plus, how can you say no to these guys?

I was afraid that if I didn't buy them, they would hunt me down and haunt me till I joined them.  Avril felt bad for the skeletons because of their owies.  She kept pointing to the blood and saying, "huwt."  Poor guys.  So... they will rest in peace in my Halloween box until I can pull them out next year to decorate.  I can't wait!  I'm looking forward to it already!
I also bought Avril an adorable pink hat, simply because she would not take it off the entire time we were in the store.  She would find all the mirrors and smile at the image of herself, looking so cute in the hat.  I thought it'd be cute to take some pictures in, so you can expect some cute hat pics to be coming soon to our blog...

I feel that this pregnancy has whizzed by so fast that I am frantically trying to get things done before the baby comes.  I can't believe there are only 5 weeks left now!  This is the complete opposite experience from what happened with my Avril pregnancy.  I thought it was the longest, most miserable 9 months of my life... don't get me wrong, I was very happy at the thought of bringing her in to the world, I was just unbelievably sick the ENTIRE 9 months!  This time, I can actually eat food, exercise somewhat, and complete some projects around the house.  While I'm on the subject... a quick baby update... the Doc says everything looks just perfect.  Baby is measuring exactly as she should, heartbeat looks great, all mom's lab results look good- no anemia, yay!  So I'm crossing my fingers that the delivery will follow this same course and be nice and by-the-book.

Like I said... lately I've been in a frenzy trying to finish projects and cross things off my to-do list.  I think its driving poor Jesse crazy.  He likes to call me Monica from Friends because of my neurotic, clean-freak behavior. I have been working on Jesse's bathroom for what seems like months now.  I wish I'd taken a before picture so you could see the vast improvement... but I never think to do that in advance.  The bathroom was plain white with no decorations.  I painted the bathroom yellow, added shelves, towels, items on the shelves, artwork, and last but not least, a monster of a mirror.  This was the most expensive item and a beast to put up.  I made Jesse help me with it last night.  He was a good sport about it because it was not easy to hang.  Finally, the bathroom decorations are finished and I must say I am quite proud of my work.  I just LOVE the feeling you get when you make something out of nothing and can make a space beautiful... especially in your home.  Anyway, here are some pics I just took of the finished bathroom:
Unfortunately I couldn't avoid the flash of the camera showing up in the mirror...
Voila!  I couldn't decide if I should put flowers in Jesse's bathroom but I gave in and decided that they're just the right touch, even for a man :)
The artwork is the part I am probably most proud of.  I could not find any black and white framed pictures that I particularly liked so I decided to design my own.  I spent hours scanning and editing some artwork that my mom had done years ago, turning it in to a nice wall hanging for myself :)
I've been slowly gathering little items that I liked to put on the shelves.  This part was the most fun, it was like a treasure hunt, trying to find things that were just right.
I printed the picture and the saying and put them in these cute frames.  The words in the frame on the right read:  "Bare bottoms welcomed here!"  And then I put a picture of Avril after bath time, showing off her cute bum bum!!

4 comments:

Rapp Family said...

Love your decorations!! So glad you have so much energy and are enjoying your pregnancy!!

Lindy Salmon said...

WOW! I love it all, especially the framed artwork. I think I need to hire you to help me decorate . . .

Aubrey Jane said...

I'm not sure how you find the energy to decorate being pregnant and with a little one running around, but you sure are good at it! Beautiful work.

ASP+AEP=Parkinson Family said...

Nice deco sis ;)