Friday, December 12, 2008

In Memory of our First

Today was the official due date of when our first baby was to be born. It is weird to think I would've been all done with the pregnancy by now. We feel very blessed that we were able to become pregnant again so quickly after the first. I just wanted to post something in memory of our first little one.
This was the poem I found on my bed, from my amazing husband, after we found out the news that I was pregnant the first time...

...and here is a poem from us now, dedicated to our first:

To the baby that I carried
But never saw your eyes
Or told you how much I loved you
Or ever heard your cries.
You will never be forgotten
The excitement we had for your coming
When I realized I'd never hold you,
The feeling I had was numbing.
My angel baby is who you are.
My angel baby you'll always be.
Your loving memory will live in my heart
So you will always be right here with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful poem. It made me cry, especially with my own situation.

Erka said...

Yes, it made me cry too!!! So beautiful! I think I know how you feel!