Thursday, June 5, 2008

Jesse and Alicia's Utah Rap

So Jesse was bored one day in his English class and decided to start writing the lyrics for a rap as a creative outlet. He came home quite excited to show me his "Utah Rap." As we drove on our trip to visit Utah, we decided to add a few finishing lines together and, wallah! The results can be seen in the video below. This shows Jesse performing his rap. I also typed up the lyrics below, so you can read along. Its quite clever, I must admit we got a good laugh out of this.


Hey, my name's Jesse and I'm from da hood,
That's right, L-town Utah, so you know dis'll be good.
I'm a white, white rapper tryin to get on da map,
I say things like heck ya, yes please, and crack is whack.
Yeah, got married at 19, want kids by 21,
Prolly end up with 12 daughters, 3 dogs, and 9 sons.
I shop at Sam's Club, buy lots for cheap,
And my everyday language doesn't sound like beep bleepity beep.
I play with the basketball, but I ain't a baller,
I love my family so everyday I give em a hollar.
One minute its hot, the next its stormin,
And I think LSD is a dislexic Mormon.
In a town so safe its weird to possess a knife,
I am a little outside the norm, cuz I only got one wife.
I eat my jello green, not yellow, red, or blue,
My alcohol of choice... well, its Mountain Dew.
When the family takes a trip they pile in the SUV,
Oh yeah, and 2 cars, plus a van that's mini.
Round here, all the meals come with fry sauce,
That's right, ketchup mayo blend- all included in da cost.
We're always late, but never in a hurry,
And if I say dang, its on the verge of dirty.
You think you can sing? Well we know we're betta,
We got the Mo-Tab, and homeboy David Archuleta.
So what if I'm a little behind on my style,
I got Deseret Industries on my speed dial.
Don't watch rated R, but wanna see the Matrix?
Its ok, you can get it edited at Flix.
Exactly 106% of Utahns vote Republican,
And when there's a special event, we use the good spray tan.
Our state's so rich, but there's one thing we lack,
Look around..... do you see anyone who's black?

6 comments:

Erka said...

Soooo funny! You guys are talented! Hmmm, you should go to some talent show and perform it. I am sure it would win whatever is the first price!
How was the Utah trip?

Andrew Cardon said...

Wow that is great! I always love Utah rapping.

Kandi said...

you had me at "And I think LSD is a dislexic Mormon." *LOLOL* Awesome.

Lindi said...

That is awesome!!! Must have been a long, but fun drive

Scrap Happy Mommy of 2 said...

Totally awesome! Hey...um...you visited Utah and didn't even call??? RUDE!!! Hahaha! Maybe we'll come see you! We might be headed to LA/San Diego area for a few days while Gma and Gpa take kids to Sacramento for 2 weeks!!! Got any good ideas for how 2 old, fat married people can relax and enjoy the quiet? You have a couple of weeks to wow me with your ideas! If we come it would be somewhere in between July 5-18. So get to work...I need a VACATION!!!

Lindsey said...

Tell Jesse he is retarded....but I am still laughing! I love the lyrics! You two are the cutiest nerds i know! Seriously....that white boy can rap.