Sunday, July 22, 2012

Bike RAW

RAW- Ride Around the Wellsvilles, is what that stands for...This was my third Century bike ride of the summer... well...ever, actually.  This one my dad joined me, which I was glad for, because this was a much smaller race so there really weren't many bikers around all along the way, like I was used to.  The course was absolutely gorgeous, it went through the canyon, to a bird refuge, through Brigham, and back around the Wellsville mountains.  There were a lot of vertical feet, which made it a lot more difficult than the other centuries I'd done.  It was physically one of the most difficult things I've done.  I got some awesome tan lines as well :)

Cache Valley Hospital was a sponsor of the race, and the Deli department provided yummy food for all the riders at the first rest stop.  It was so good to see familiar, friendly faces who were there to help me feed my face :)

My dad and I at the first rest stop
Just after the race.  Exhausted.

And this is just a random pic I took with my phone after a church fireside one day.  The sun shining through the clouds was just spectacular so I had to capture the image.  Isn't that incredible?  Love seeing stuff like that...

0 comments: