Wednesday, July 25, 2012

24th of July

Utah is awesome because we get a holiday that no other state does.  That's right, Pioneer Day.  Just in case you didn't get your fill of fireworks on the 4th of July, they give you a whole nother dose of it just 20 days later.  I am all about getting another day off of work!  So thank you pioneers, you rock. 

I believe this pic was actually taken at the 4th of July breakfast for Nana and Papa's neighborhood, but I'm adding it to this post since I already finished the 4th of July post and I don't feel like moving the pics.  I caught some adorable shots of McKel sitting with her Auntie Arleen, wouldn't you agree?  She looks so pensive here...
She is watching all the kids playing on the playground and thinking, I don't dare mess up my cute patriotic outfit!

"This white top would get soiled in all that dirtiness!"
We were at Nana and Papa's house and Avril was sooo excited when she saw this little figurine of Nana's decorations.  She ran over to it, put her arm around it, and shouted, "Take a picture, take a picture!  Cheeeese!!"  Then she wanted to come look on my phone and check out herself in the pic with her statue friend.   She is hilarious!!

What a cute pic of Avril and her little oriental friend :)
The 24th of July brought on the festivities, including a fun parade!!  Nana and Papa took the girls to watch the delightful event, while mommy tried to get caught up on some much needed house cleaning.  Here are the pics:
Avril watched with excitement, ready to jump and retrieve any candy tossed her direction.
McKel, auntie, cousin Brit, and Avril :)

I think its nap time...

More candy please!!

Swinging at the park never gets old...

0 comments: