Thursday, March 22, 2012

Updates...

I have to start with some cute Avril quotes:
Avril:  "Ouch."
Papa:  "What hurts, Avril?"
Avril:  "Um... my feeling."

Avril to McKel:  "McKel, you have a giant face."  "McKel looks like a gorilla."  Luckily McKel's feelings were not hurt in the least :)

Those are just a few of my favorites.  I wish I'd keep better track of all the funny things Avril says.  You know you can't be around these sweet girls and not crack a smile.  McKel keeps us very entertained as well... not with her funny statements, since she's still not much of a talker, but she definitely has her goofy ways. 

We had one surprise final snowstorm that I'm pretty sure was our last for the season, but you never know.  I decided to take the girls up to Old Main Hill and give a try to the toboggan.  As you can guess, they loved it!
My bundles of joy.  Haha, so fun to see them wobble around in their snow attire.
McKel looks like a little Michelin man :)  Love it!

The highlight of the day for McKel was all the snow she was able to consume.

Love McKel's rosy red chunky cheeks

Big Sis pointing out the next downhill route.
So happy together!


I recently did a small race just for fun.  It was a 5K at Skyview high school, to help raise funds for a heart transplant child named Spencer.  It was brisk outside, but I enjoyed the sunshine and exercise.


At the finish line...
March 2nd was a very special day.  Our very own Nana turned... a year wiser!  We celebrated with cupcakes.  The girls thoroughly enjoyed them, apparent by the messy faces:


Doesn't get much messier... or cuter :)

Eating cupcakes

Here is Avril enjoying the birthday treats.

Here is a random pic from the rides at the mall.  Nana took the girls there one afternoon.


And this was probably the highlight of my entire month!  I was sitting in the living room reading to Avril, when McKel waltzes in to the room with a big grin on her face and this on her head:
I completely busted out laughing.  It was HILARIOUS!!


Then of course Avril had to jump up and do the same thing (in case you're wondering, this is Avril's potty seat they are wearing as a hat)...

Some other exciting news... I bought a road bike!  I am preparing for my 100 miler Little Red Riding Hood.  Uncle Sam helped me out a little by returning some of the money I paid, so I could buy this beauty.  I am in love with her.  She rides so smoothly and I think its my new favorite form of exercise.  I look forward to spending more time with her :)  I also got a bike trailer to take Avril and McKel with me on some rides.  I can't wait!


Nana had some big news this month as well... not as much fun as my bike news.  She took a nasty fall when she passed out at the movie theater.  I had been sick with a horrible case of the stomach flu, and must have passed it along to my mom.  When she fainted, she hit a concrete wall with her face and here is the result:
And Avril's funny comment was:  "Grandma, we don't use markers on our face."
She seems to be doing much better now, and luckily didn't break her jaw.  She just looks like she got in to a pretty nasty fight.
McKel's big news for the month was her surgery.  Like Avril, she needed to have bilateral tubes inserted in her ears, as well as her adenoid removed.  She did not need the tonsils out, like her sister though.  The procedure went well, and the Doc says we should see a drastic improvement in her hearing.  McKel had very retracted ear canals with a lot of fluid built up behind them, and constant ear infections.  So far we are happy with the results :)

Here is my little sweetheart in her gown

Do I have to wear these socks?


Mommy  must be telling a funny joke here:)

Love this face, and all the rest of this amazing little girl!


McKel was feeling much better later that day, as you can see.  She found mommy's shoes and was walking all over the house in them.  Clunk, clunk, clunk!

And here are some mommy updates:  I got super sick with the stomach flu and was pretty much useless for an entire day.  Here is a pic I took of me being sick.  I was pretty bored.
Somehow being sick must make my eyes look very blue.  I thought it was kinda cool
And here is a non-sick me, right after a hair cut and color.  Its hard to tell but I re-dyed my hair dark with a little red:


That's the recap, folks!  Nothing too exciting, still trying to adjust to the major life changes thrown at me and my little fam.  Still a roller coaster ride.  I continue to appreciate any prayers said on our behalf.  We are trying to figure out future plans for us girls and it can be very discouraging at times.  I have a great deal of respect for single parents.  It is by far the most challenging thing I've ever done.  I just take it a day at a time, hoping for the rainbow at the end of the storm.  I pray that God will help me heal my broken heart.
On the brighter side... I can't wait for Spring!!  And Easter egg hunts with my girls :)

0 comments: