Monday, October 13, 2008

The Haircut

BEFORE:



















AFTER:














I'm so sorry, love!
I've been bugging Jesse for weeks now that his hair is getting too long and its time to chop it off. Well.... he suggested that I just cut his hair (REMEMBER that it was YOUR idea) instead of going to the hairdresser. He asked me if I'd ever cut hair before and I did not lie. About 10 years ago I cut 2 people's hair. They were some neighbors at BYU and they were happy with the results. So maybe I was a little out of practice.
My poor husband gasped in horror at every sound I made while snipping away. At first I couldn't stop laughing at how the chunks just did not come out as nice and evenly as I'd imagined. I used the razor thingy with the different numbers and thought I'd start with a 1 at the bottom and a 2 at the top. A 2 at the top was what killed me. That was pretty short so I stopped and tried a 4. Then it was all uneven so I tried to even it out with scissors. It doesn't look THAT bad though in the end, right?
Apparently it did. Jesse wore a hat today. He said I'm not allowed to cut our child's hair :( But look! My husband has ears and even eyebrows! You couldn't tell before. Sweetie you're so handsome. I love you. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it looks good Jesse! You did a fine job Alicia! My dad has me cut his curly hair, and it scares me to death every time! I won't even touch those razors. WAY too scary!

Erka said...

You did a good job, Alicia! I half of the times cut my husband's hair too and it is pretty scary! I even do it simmilar like you. I do a #4 all over and #2 on the sides and then blend it. It's not perfect, but it works and saves us $20 everytime I cut it! I think Jesse has always been handsome, but he does look a bit older and quite sharp after the hair cut!

Scrap Happy Mommy of 2 said...

Hey, you have the right idea...mess it up the 1st time and he doesn't ask you to do it again! I still cut everyone's hair in my family. My hubby went to a barber for a bit cause I hated cutting it every 2 weeks! But it looks good from what I can tell. Besides, it'll grow out in a a week or a month I'm sure!

Kristy said...

Way to go, you did a great job, especially for the first time in 10 years!
I cut Jeremy's hair too. The first time I did he was planning on shaving it off anyway. I think it took my 2 years before I could skip the silent prayer in my head before picking up the scissors.
Jeremy wants his hair cut every month, so it sure saves us a ton of money by doing it my self.

The Rapp Family said...

Jesse, check out our blog. Taggart gave a hair cut to his pet, "Buddy". You guys could probably relate to each other. ha ha!!
Amy