Monday, October 6, 2008

Girl, Confirmed!

The ultrasound pic below was taken by Dr. Samadi, who was the special perinatologist that our other doctor, Dr. Navi referred us to. He did a level II ultrasound that was supposed to check all the internal organs and take measurements, etc to make sure baby is lookin' good. He did find a bright spot on the heart which is due to a calcium deposit. He said not to worry, this is very common so of course I did worry. However, I did my research and found that this usually goes away by the time the baby is born and historically has shown perfectly normal births.

Today we had our normal appt with Dr. Navi and he reassured me that this is very common. He was so busy today though so he only had time to take a quick glance to confirm that we were indeed having a girl. He said that we can consider the guess to be confirmed, that he's sure its a girl. Yay!

19 weeks:

Our baby girl :) Its ok if you don't think she's that cute here, I won't be offended... these ultrasound pics show the internal structures like the skeleton and all the organs. I told Jesse that my previous comment about the nose was a legitimate concern. Sorry baby, but it does look very gargantuous. We still love you!

11 comments:

Lindi said...

Holla back playa!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Girls are so darn cute.

Alycia said...

Congrats--you guys will be such cute parents. I am way excited for you!

The Rapp Family said...

Yeah, I am so excited for you. Don't worry about the nose thing. On Taggart's ultrasounds his nose looked huge, so I was also quite worried.....and ended up being pleasantly surprised when he was born, and had a normal cute little nose!!

Erka said...

I think she looks cute already! Her face structure looks so girly and dainty!Yay, you are almost half way there!

Scrap Happy Mommy of 2 said...

How exciting! Congratulations! Is your morning sickness getting any better? Hope the rest of your pregnancy is a breeze!

Kristy said...

I am so excited!!! If our girls have the same birthday that would be too funny (or three days apart like us)!
Now we just need to live close enough to each other that our kids can build forts in the hills and go on lizard hunts!

-Kristy

Rob & Emily Willardson Family said...

YEAH!!!! Girls are so much fun to dress! I thought I wanted boys, but I wouldn't trade my girls!!! I love PINK!!!! You look so happy! Congrats!

Scrap Happy Mommy of 2 said...

I love the name Peyton! GO COLTS!!!

mandy said...

That is awesome!! It seems like everyone is having girls. I am still in shock that we are having a girl.It is so fun to keep up with what is going on in your lives!!

Lindy Salmon said...

Girls are good, we're totally into them around here :) Congrats!