Tuesday, June 5, 2012

We've Moved!... Finally!

I am happy to report that we are finally in our new home.  It is so perfect for our little family.  I absolutely love it so far... but I have a LOT of work to do still!  We officially closed on the property May 30, and it funded with Alicia P Yarger as the new official owner on May 31, 2012.  Woo hoo!  I must say, it was quite the ordeal getting the property to closing though.  The original closing date was May 3, 2012.  So you can see the lender took their time.  It was a nightmare process.  In all the years I did lending, I never saw a loan run in to so many problems with underwriting.  But finally its done, so I won't complain or say any more about the incompetent Wells Fargo lending department.
I will post some more pictures of the house as soon as I finish getting everything moved all in.  I do have some pics of the family all working in the garden though, so maybe I'll put up a few of those.  I planted all kinds of things.  I'm super excited about my garden, I've always wanted one!  So far only the peas, tomatoes, strawberries, and raspberries are growing though.  Hopefully some of the other seeds start to sprout soon.  I still have a ton of weeding to do.
My new house is on the same street as the Adrian Parkinson family (my brother).  I purposely was looking for one close to them so we could be neighbors, and so Auntie Arleen could come help me out with my lil ones.  She has been a tremendous help, and such an angel.  I'm so grateful to have so many close by who are willing to help this single mama.
The girls are very happy with the new home.  So far they've slept there for 2 nights in a row... I was worried about the transition but they're handling it beautifully.  They still get to see nana and papa a lot so they do still feel very loved I think.  They are enjoying exploring all the new spaces, and making messes out of my disorganized mess.
So far I am also loving the neighbors.  It seems like every time I am home I get a friendly greeter come by to welcome our family.  There seem to be plenty of small children around to be playmates for my girls, which is always nice.  I am so grateful we were able to find this house.  It feels nice to have a place to call home :)

Those are my peas coming up :)

 And here are the girls helping papa with some yard work at Nana and Papa's house

1 comments:

deerhollow said...

Hope your new place with be filled with many happy memories! Congrats!!