Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Little Red Riding Hood

Saturday, June 2nd was a big day for me.  I had my first Century bike ride!  What an accomplishment.  I can honestly say it was one of the coolest experiences of my life (aside from being a mommy of course).  I am so proud of myself for finishing.  There were 3600 riders total... all females!  We were raising money for cancer research.  I raised over $750 toward the cause in order to ride.  I rode in honor of my Aunt Tracine, Aunt Susan, my Grandma Joyce, and many others who have battled with cancer.
I finished the race in about 7 hours, which I was pretty pleased with for my first attempt at 100.  It was overcast for the first half of the race, then the sun started to show itself for awhile.  The course started in Lewiston, went through Logan, then clear up in Idaho and looped back around.  It was a gorgeous ride.  Here are a few pics from the event:

Papa and McKel anxiously await my return..
Resting in the shade, waiting for me to finish...
I'm pretty sure that's me, almost entering the photo.  Looks like my mom didn't quite capture my finish, I was too fast!
Finished
What an awesome feeling!
Some of my fans at the finish line
 
In line for a drink...
Our next door neighbors, the Fullmers, were volunteers at the race
Avril was excited, and not even scared, to see Big Bad Wolf in the flesh!
She found a new hippie friend
Guess Nana thought she might be thirsty
They had a band playing, and the girls wanted to dance!
This video is a must see.  Avril was having a blast dancing around at the dance contest.  It was too cute!!

0 comments: