Monday, September 22, 2008

Fun with the Visitors!

Last weekend was all about family... first Bryan came for a visit, and then the Parkinson parents. Jesse and I arranged for a little time off from work and we lived it up for a couple days. On Thursday we picked Bryan up from the airport and showed him around town so he could see what his kids (and grandkid) are up to around here. Next, the Parkinsons arrived with an extra car of theirs that they were kind enough to bring down so we could borrow it for awhile. Jesse's car decided to throw in the towel and die on us. The radiator AND the engine both blew while Jesse was on his way home from work. We'd been using a rental car to get by until our rescue crew came with the extra vehicle (Mountaineer). Thank you mom and dad!!!


Here is an intense game of cards. My husband, the dealer, won I believe. I was busy preparing my lesson for class that night, which explains my absenteeism in this pic. Looks like Jesse can manage ok without me though.


This clip is from a filming of the show Burn 'n' Firm. This was being filmed in front of Universal as we were walking in to Universal Studios. I told Jesse if I wasn't pregnant I would so be in this show. They've got some moves! haha


On Friday we decided to hit up Universal Studios, Hollywood to show Bryan cool things like this statue man that moves! We found some coke cans that said you can get in for the price of kids so we were all kids for a day. Turns out being a kid isn't as cheap as you'd think though. It was $57 for a one day kids price! Ouch. It was an awesome day though. Unfortunately, I had to sit out on many rides because there was a sign with a pregnant lady and an X through it, which meant it was a no no for me.


Lots of cool characters there, as you can see...


I especially like Bryan's flexing. :)


My dad looks too happy to be strangled by a mummy.


Next was a day at the beach. Ahhh, nice and relaxing. Nothing like picnics on the beach.


Three handsome men I caught on film.


Me showing off my baby bump. Its there, promise! This was my favorite part of our day, we rented bikes and rode along the beach. The weather could not have been more perfect. It was the perfect day!


And after all that fun in the sun, we enjoyed a delicious meal back home the next day. Our red faces are a good indicator that we had a good time.

0 comments: